Wednesday, June 30, 2010

il cioccolato ha coperto l'uva passa

Just a quick little update before I head to my 5th day of Hot Box Yoga...yes, it is as amazing as its name.

- Bulk! Shopping at Costco was a little taste of home. Bought some chocolate covered raisins...in bulk and have devoured about half of them already. OOPS!

- YAHOO! I am officially a licenCed driver in Australia. All I had to do was prove that I am a resistant / citizen, show them my current US licenSe and pay them a little mulah. It is easier for me to get a drivers licence here, 8000 miles from home than it is for me to get an Oregon drivers license. Crazy? I think so.

- Canberra. I am going to Canberra (the country's capitol) on Friday for a little family time. 2 weeks with some pretty awesome folks and their kids. Family time is just what the doctor ordered. I am 150% positive that I will update you all on the cuteness of dance classes, birthday party(s), football games, rugby matches and beach time in the next week. Stay tuned.

- Jobs! I'm still on the hunt. BF and I decided not to move to Sydney for the job I was offered, so the hunt in Melbourne was been a roller coaster for the past few weeks. Yesterday, I went on a job interview for a marketing team member position. Yeah, the interview was a giant scam. They wanted me to stand outside of the train station handing out flyers and bugging people about certain company's. I walked out before the interview was complete.

- Yoga! The studios here in Melbourne are gorgeous. It is a nice break from the stress of living in a new country and finding a job.

- Friends! My friends her in Australia are great but I can't help but miss all of my friends back home. I just spent 2 hours on skype with my best friend. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

That's all for now folks...
Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. You haven't laughed that hard in a long time because you were taking pictures of a girl brushing her teeth with down syndrome.
    Also, nice italian translation, haha...had to think about that one for awhile

    ReplyDelete